View Full Version : My Ipaq is stuck at the splash screen... Is it fried?

ToddJ
08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I recently installed Windows Vista on my computer and was having some problems syncing it to my Ipaq 4155. Specifically, my Ipaq would run out of memory, so I had to "reset" it (my reset button is broken from soft resetting it so many times so I now take my battery out to reset it when it is frozen.) however now when I start up my pocket pc, it starts like normal, showing the hp ipaq splash screen with the progress indicator. But when the progress indicator gets to the end, it just frozen there and does nothing else. Is my ROM fried? what can i do to fix it?

Brad Adrian
08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Yikes! A hard reset is about the only thing I can suggest, but you can't do a hard reset without the reset button working (You hold the power button while pressing the soft reset button.). Is the reset button completely, 100% nonfunctional, or is there some chance that if you keep trying and trying, you might get it to perform a hard reset?

Darius Wey
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
But when the progress indicator gets to the end, it just frozen there and does nothing else.

You'll need to flash the ROM. Although, given its current state, you may not be able to do it the consumer-friendly way (i.e., downloading off the HP site and flashing via a connection to your desktop). Your best bet would be to contact HP for a replacement.