View Full Version : Request for Advice-Best Deal in Wirelss Laptop PC Cards

clbsvi
08-10-2007, 05:05 AM
8/9/2007
I am running a Toshiba Tecra A4 laptop, and request your collective advice on what is best to use to use as a wireless PC Card (802.11b/g) in this unit. I bought an AT&T Netopia/Motorola wireless PC card ($54.00 US), but it was furnished with no driver CD, and the Tecra does not have any buiilt-in drivers for it. I have AT&T's full line of broadband services also. AT&T is an excellent suite, but without satellite TV and phone service; works also with AOL. I expect to have trouble cutting off AOL but they did offer me a deal of using AOL in the future for $4.95 per month and only when used. I plan to buy a LinkSys/Cisco wireless router which goes on sale at the local Radio Shack this coming Sunday. My cell phone service is with T-Mobile and I am using both an old Nokia 6210 and a T-Mobile SDA. I should have bought their latest Blackberry with built in cell phone and color screen, but I'm stuck with the SDA until this coming January 2008. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, does anyone out there know how to import my "Favorites" list from AOL into the AT&T broadband suite. AT&T uses the Internet Explorer 7 as its primary home page with an AT&T/BellSouth color screen as the home page fill-in. Their technical help is excellent, but they do not have your collective expertise.

Thanks in advance!!! Down with "BlueTooth." Lets all root for a stepped power-scale capablity for WiFi using a slider as with the HP PPC screen-brightness control.

s/ Lee Browning