View Full Version : Help needed: USB-Connection dies

MBaas
08-08-2007, 03:01 PM
After working flawlessly for months now, my PC/PPC started exhibiting a frustrating problem: whenever I put the PPC (Loox 718) into the cradle, it is recognized, USB connection is established, AS comes up, starts its progress bar "Looking for changes" and then, while it is still looking (so very shortly after init), the connection ends. (In approx. 1 wk now, I had not a single connect that was long enough for AS to successfully finish)

Well, I had one change in my setup: I installed a USB-cam. So I tried to unplug every USB-device from the machine, only left the cradle, tried all ports, but nothing changed. I checked device-manager, but it is not showing any problems. What else could I do?

Any ideas would be much appreciated, as I am running out of them...

EDIT: I also tried uninstalling that cam's driver, but that didn't help as well. And I also tried connecting through an USB hub (instead of direct), no joy either.

Brad Adrian
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I haven't had your problem with a Pocket PC, but I have had similar issues with USB devices and drives. What I had to do was delete the USB connection in the Device Manager. Once the PC is rebooted, it automatically re-installs the USB drivers.

Hope this helps.

MBaas
08-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I did a hard-reset and that also helped. But after restoring a backup, it only worked once and then the same problem started again. After the stupid decision to try out SpriteBackupV6, I am now struggling with other probs, but when I hopefully get back to where I was, I shall keep your suggestion in mind.

Thanks!