View Full Version : Where to find a Axim

merk1821
07-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Anyone have a good idea where i can find a Dell Axim up here in Canada? I am looking to replace a Jornada that i had a mishap and still enjoy the standalone PDa unit with Blutooth, Wifi, a CF and SD slot and the Dells (especially the x50 and x51) really fit the bill. Since Dell isnt selling any reliable sources to find one.

Nurhisham Hussein
07-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Since Dell isnt selling any reliable sources to find one.

Dell always sold direct, and not through retail channels (although this is changing) - so there's unfortunately precious little chance of finding one brand new. I'd suggest scouring eBay.

Jon Westfall
07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
While new may be preferable, I've seen some quite nice units on eBay (In fact, until very recently, almost 100% of my devices came from eBay and I never had a problem). Poke around, I'm sure you can find an x50 or 51 on the bay for a fair amount, or post a request here in our Buy & Sell forum.

Targaid
08-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Both my Axims came from eBay. One just arrived this morning.

There have been glitches with the sales, especially this last one which has discs & manuals missing, but I don't really need the game pack, anyway. The first one came new from a registered Dell re-seller, so it's not quite true that they only sold direct. Some of these guys may still have stocks, but there's little trouble to be found if you ask some salient questions:

1. Is the screen scratched?
2. Is the unit still under warranty?
3. Will you transfer ownership to me via the Dell website?

This last is important as even the resellers are deemed by Dell to be the legitimate owners and their tech sites will not give you any help with it unless the ownership has been changed.

I just got a perfect condition X51v for £150 - £130 cheaper than Dell UK are listing them. :devilboy:

jadesse
08-29-2007, 06:23 AM
I would only buy a unit that is still under warranty. Ask the seller for the service tag. Then follow the link below, it will tell you have time is left on the warranty. If the seller will not give you the service tag to verify the warranty, then don't buy it. Personally I would buy a damn thing from ebay.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/en/details?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Reid Kistler
09-01-2007, 06:03 AM
Anyone have a good idea where i can find a Dell Axim up here in Canada? ....Since Dell isnt selling any reliable sources to find one.

FWIW, had good luck buying an Axim through CraigsList: local listing, so was able to run over and examine the system & peripherals before purchase.

The unit purchased was for my wife - replacing a Sharp Wizard - and although somewhat mis-represented in listing (stated as X30 High, but actually a X30 Mid) price was still fair, it has run well, and is in "Excellent" condition (even the PINS are straight, whereas mine have long since bent).

Did see some attractive Sounding listings on Ebay, but was far more comfortable being able to physically handle unit before purchase....

Good Luck!