View Full Version : Palm Finally Releases Treo 700w/wx Updater 1.22, With DUN

Janak Parekh
07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo700wupdater/verizon.html' target='_blank'>http://www.palm.com/us/support/down...er/verizon.html</a><br /><br /></div>Long-suffering Verizon 700w readers, here it <i>finally is</i>: a ROM update from Palm that adds the following features. (Verizon 700wx users already have some of this functionality, so check the linked-to page to see if you need it.)<br /><li> Official Bluetooth (and USB) DUN support;<br /><li> A2DP support;<br /><li> Today screen enhancements;<br /><li> Hands-free and dialing enhancements. Great additions, but what took them <b>so long</b> in releasing this update? Just as the 700w is on its way out? :roll: Anyway, if any of you try it (and we always recommend a backup before you do), please report back as to how it works.<br /><br /><b>Update:</b> Looks like Palm has pulled the release due to data network stability issues. We'll update you when we have more details.<br /><br /><b>Another update:</b> Looks like the <a href="http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13355">update is back!</a>

crmanriq
07-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Installed the update last night. I now have a brick. Verizon is overnighting me a new phone. The tech support guy I talked to said that as soon as I told him I had a 700w, he said to himself "we're sending this guy a phone". Apparently the updater program that is run via activesync was bricking phones all day. There is a version they put up that will allow you to update via memory card that the tech said hasn't seen any bricks yet.

Argh.

redifrogger
07-18-2007, 03:02 PM
That's funny - it updated my 700w just fine - not a single problem. 8O

rtrueman
07-18-2007, 04:26 PM
My installation failed the first time on my 700w. It finished on the 700w the second time, but the installer didn't complete. I disconnected, terminated the program and I've been okay except for a re-load of Pocket Quicken.

Rob

redifrogger
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I thought my installer didn't finish either - just stayed on last screen for long time. And then finally it did. I think it's just a very, very long last part for update. But who knows. Glad you got yours working too. In a way I hoping it wouldn't work and I could request a 700wx as replacement. :D

Daviddare73
08-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Hello there,
I tried to do the update/upgrade when I got the email in my inbox with all the instructions. I clicked the links, read the warnings, and benefits, then I made all necessary preparations. I did a soft re-set, then made sure the battery was fully charged, did a sync, made sure activesync was connected, but not running. Made sure no programs were running on either device, I own a HP Pavilion dv5190us laptop. Made all connections, and set the wheel in motion, I let it sit a while before looking at the progress, after 20 minutes, I look at the screens, and the Updater program was frozen on my laptop, at 3 minutes and 49 seconds, the screen on my Treo had a Blue number centered at the top; 3.10, directly under that, red numbers; 2.18.00, then the typical Treo start up logo, with the Orange bar over the 'e'. No status bar though, so it won't do anything else. I called Verizon, who called Palm, who said I now owned a 'brick', gave me a service request number to call back Verizon, to request they replace my phone. I called and there is supposed to be a replacement here on Monday. I hope I can successfully update the new one. I waited an hour after the freeze before resetting my computer, because it froze as well, but it is easily rebooted. The Treo was ruined. I waited a whole 24 hours and when I replaced the battery, the same screen is there, lol. oooops! I don't know what went wrong, but I did the first updater successfully, no problems. I dunno what the problem was, I will delete my copy, and redownload a new copy, may be I got a funny link? I know there was an error message when I first tried to unzip the Updater 1.2 file. Don't know why, hopefully they'll figure it out when they get my phone back. Peace, Daviddare73

Janak Parekh
09-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Update (to ping those of you with thread notifications): Apparently, it's back. I haven't tried downloading it though.

--janak