View Full Version : My iPAQ won't sync - help!

susie4964
07-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I've got an iPAQ HX2490 and Activesync 4.5 (latest version). Sometimes it will sync beautifully, then next time I try, not only will it not sync, but it creates hundreds of blank entries in Contacts and Calender! The Calendar entries are all for the half-hour period during which I'm synching. This is driving me nuts, obviously. I've reloaded Activesync, removed the sync profiles from the HP and the computer and tried again, and it still does it. I could reinstall the Office suite, which sometimes helps, but I can't do this every couple of weeks! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

djfotizo
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a cingular 8125 wm5 with the same Activesync issues. I have reloaded activesync 4.5, tried going backwards to 4.2, removed some mapi32.dll file, repaired outlook, deleted and recreated partnerships, etc. All i get are blank entries corresponding to the amount of entries in each category. So, if I have 52 tasks on my PDA, it writes 52 blank tasks in outlook. If I have 300 contacts, it adds 300 blank contacts to outlook. The final kicker is the 200+ blank appointments in the 30 minute slot on the calendar, right at the time of sync.

These suck to delete. Highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter, highlight, delete, enter...

You get the point..

HELP!

susie4964
07-10-2007, 09:24 AM
I eventually bought PocketMirror, and I'm currently using that for synchronising. So far (1 week on), things seem to be a bit better, and I haven't had any problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I still have no idea what the problem was.

Incidentally, if you want to get rid of the multiple appointments on your computer, go to the Calendar, select View, Arrange By, Current View, Category. That will give you the appointments in a list, and you can delete them in a block. I'm not sure how you'd do that on your phone, though.