View Full Version : HP iPAQ 2210 Synchronization - Cannot find Outlook Folders

Laurie Joyce
06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi there

I would welcome any assistance please. I have successfully used my HP iPAQ 2210 for 2-3 years. Then one day recently it stopped talking to the PC [which uses Windows XP].

I found by pushing the reset button on the iPAQ it started to talk to the PC again, but it could no longer synchronise. The error message reads "Synchronization cannot be completed because calender, contacts or tasks folder cannot be located in you Microsoft outlook profile. Close Outlook start again, and try to synchronise"
I have done all this, removed and re-installed the Active Sync programme again, I have clicked on Outlook 'repair and restore defaults' but all to no avail. The iPAQ and PC talk to each other and the PC highlights things need to be resolved but that is as far as it goes.

I have checked the Windows firewall to see that ActiveSync is allowed access. I cannot think of what else I can do. HELP PLEASE!

Many thanks Laurie Joyce

stlbud
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I had this happen once when I tried moving my outlook PST file to a server. Long story short, Outlook didn't have any trouble finding the new files but Activesync didn't have a clue. In the end I put the PST files back to their original location and everyone was happy again. I don't know if this applies to your situation. Good luck.

Cybrid
07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi there

I would welcome any assistance please. I have successfully used my HP iPAQ 2210 for 2-3 years. Then one day recently it stopped talking to the PC [which uses Windows XP].

I found by pushing the reset button on the iPAQ it started to talk to the PC again, but it could no longer synchronise. The error message reads "Synchronization cannot be completed because calender, contacts or tasks folder cannot be located in you Microsoft outlook profile. Close Outlook start again, and try to synchronise"
I have done all this, removed and re-installed the Active Sync programme again, I have clicked on Outlook 'repair and restore defaults' but all to no avail. The iPAQ and PC talk to each other and the PC highlights things need to be resolved but that is as far as it goes.

I have checked the Windows firewall to see that ActiveSync is allowed access. I cannot think of what else I can do. HELP PLEASE!

Many thanks Laurie Joyce
First back up everything! You can use Outlook's import/export feature to create comma separated and tab delimited files of your contacts. Appointments & other stuff too.
You can manually drag'n'drop out mail.

Export your Outlook .PST and uninstal/re-instal. Import your .PST. If that fails the .PST is corrupt and you'll need to manually recreate it from the above back ups.

Since there is a high risk of things going wrong. Verify your backups! Ensure your data is safe first.

Laurie Joyce
07-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi There

Thank you for the two replies which were most helpful and appreciated.
I have proved the problem is not the fault of the PDA - because it works ok on another computer.

I have now un-installed Outlook and then re-installed it. But when I returned the .pst files problems started started to emerge, so it seems there is a problem with them. I will now un-install and re-install Out Look again and this time start to input data manaually as suggested.

Many thanks Laurie