View Full Version : Time is an hour ahead on Calendar

pburnette
06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
We use the Sprint 700wx and have noticed from time to time when a person travels outside of the Eastern Time Zone and returns, their time goes back to Indiana Time Zone and not Eastern Time Zone. Therefore it moves all appointments up an hour. We did not start having this problem until we had to run the DST update back in March. What are some of the settings in the phone that I could check? Operating system is Windows Mobile 5. Has any Sprint 700wx users experienced this problem? Any solutions would be helpful.

schmenge
06-29-2007, 09:08 PM
We use the Sprint 700wx and have noticed from time to time when a person travels outside of the Eastern Time Zone and returns, their time goes back to Indiana Time Zone and not Eastern Time Zone. Therefore it moves all appointments up an hour. We did not start having this problem until we had to run the DST update back in March. What are some of the settings in the phone that I could check? Operating system is Windows Mobile 5. Has any Sprint 700wx users experienced this problem? Any solutions would be helpful.

My guess is that the problem revolves around the fact that a separate Indiana Time Zone really is not needed any more (WM5 was written back when Indiana, save for the NW, did not ever change the clocks). Maybe you can just use the standard Eastern Time Zone as your "home zone?"