View Full Version : trying to wireless access on axim x5

patamho
06-27-2007, 07:06 PM
I have searched, but havent foundhere, is there an online tutorial on how to get an axim x5 up and running with a cf symbol or a dell truemobile 1180? and is there a way to remove all the network drivers including modem, except the ones i currently have? total newbie here but i am adventurous! i have two axim x5's one with 2003 ao5 and one with 2002 ao4 thanks for any help i can get! can i access from open wireless sites or do i have to stay with servers that i have the ip and server info on?

Cybrid
06-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I have searched, but havent foundhere, is there an online tutorial on how to get an axim x5 up and running with a cf symbol or a dell truemobile 1180? and is there a way to remove all the network drivers including modem, except the ones i currently have? total newbie here but i am adventurous! i have two axim x5's one with 2003 ao5 and one with 2002 ao4 thanks for any help i can get! can i access from open wireless sites or do i have to stay with servers that i have the ip and server info on?You can get onto any open site. I'd recommend only trusted sites.
aximsite, Illustrated Network (http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html) PocketPCFAQ have guides.

patamho
06-29-2007, 03:47 PM
it says that i am connected when i get near a wireless unsecured network like paneras, after i accept it but when i try to use the browser it says that the page is unavailable when i try to use the tutorial it keeps asking me for the type of modem i want, after i get to the new connection part following all the steps with the network card... i have a lot of data stored on this i would hate to backup and lose some of it, but if i did, and completely reset the machine would the current settings be erased and then i would be able to reinstall the card, and go from there? btw, this was purchased used, and the network settings were already in place, i am trying to change them

Cybrid
07-02-2007, 01:18 AM
it says that i am connected when i get near a wireless unsecured network like paneras, after i accept it but when i try to use the browser it says that the page is unavailable when i try to use the tutorial it keeps asking me for the type of modem i want, after i get to the new connection part following all the steps with the network card... i have a lot of data stored on this i would hate to backup and lose some of it, but if i did, and completely reset the machine would the current settings be erased and then i would be able to reinstall the card, and go from there? btw, this was purchased used, and the network settings were already in place, i am trying to change themWhen it says connected, you're almost ready. The guide I've linked are the settings you need to change them to.
Could you use screenshot software to show us what your current settings are? MagicSS or Resco Screen Capture are some screenshot utilities.