View Full Version : Google Maps for Windows Mobile released

Joelacrane
06-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Anyone notice this?

Google has released Google Maps for Windows Mobile. I decided to check the weather on my Axim x51v when I noticed the link. The first thing I noticed about Google Maps was the VGA icon. It is also VGA aware and is very polished, complete with translucent zoom buttons.

It functions nearly the same as Virtual Earth Mobile, but there are no bugs (Yet). The program tells you how many kilbytes of data it has downloaded/transferred, which may be useful for cell users. Even on my dial-up connection the maps download fairly quickly. Now if only they would release Google EARTH Mobile...

Once again, Google has provided another awesome product for free. Visit www.google.com/pda and tap on "Download Google Maps" on your device for the >400k cab file.

Darius Wey
06-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Anyone notice this?

Yes, we posted on it in February (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53715). It's a solid application and one that gets a daily workout on my device. :)

Joelacrane
06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I searched a few weeks back and didn't see it. I really haven't been keeping up on my daily thoughts lately.

And nice avatar.