View Full Version : Getting System Idle state, Its Urgetn, Plz help.

RahulPrashant
06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi,
I am working in Windows CE platform.
I just want to write an application which should
detect the idle state (No input from keyboard and mouse,
no device should be plugged/unplugged etc..No interaction at all)
and shut down the system if the idle time crosses a threshold value.
My device is not having any Power manager. So I have to do it via a user application. How can i get a system in Idle state? Is there any API(s) ..?

A lot of thanks in Advance

-rahul

LegacyHH
06-25-2007, 02:15 PM
You are probably going to have better luck if you post this in the developer forum here.

If your just looking for an application that is all ready out there to shut your PDA down tell us what the device is, and maybe we can hook you up.

Good luck,

RahulPrashant
06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the reply,
It's a customized WinCE 4.2 based device.

Since the device is not having Power manager. So I am just looking for some specific messages posted by Windows. As I get any message withing xx minutes, it means there is a user interaction. If don't, means there is no user interaction. Now another question comes here how to read the system mesages before they dispatched to the intended application. means if my application is minimized, how would I get the keyboard or mouse events?

Can u help me regarding this.

-Rahul

You are probably going to have better luck if you post this in the developer forum here.

If your just looking for an application that is all ready out there to shut your PDA down tell us what the device is, and maybe we can hook you up.

Good luck,

LegacyHH
07-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Well, I'm not a programmer on the handhelds, so I guess I'm no help.

Take care,