View Full Version : 2 WM Devices, 1 Computer

DiGiTYZED
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
how do I set it up so that two WM devices use two different Outlook profiles (i.e. different email, calendars, contacts, tasks, etc)? so when she connects her Moto Q, it syncs with her Outlook profile and when I connect my HTC 6800, it syncs with my Outlook profile?

Cybrid
06-22-2007, 08:22 PM
how do I set it up so that two WM devices use two different Outlook profiles (i.e. different email, calendars, contacts, tasks, etc)? so when she connects her Moto Q, it syncs with her Outlook profile and when I connect my HTC 6800, it syncs with my Outlook profile?Use XP , create separate profiles. She syncs to her profile and you to yours.

LegacyHH
06-23-2007, 04:35 AM
I have 3 different devices, and sync them up with my XP laptop. I have different profiles on the laptop, and have had no trouble keeping the different devices syncing to their seperate information.

Its worth noting that if one of your devices is older, you may need to select an older active sync.

Good luck,

DiGiTYZED
06-23-2007, 10:29 AM
sorry, i wasn't clear. seperate Windows accounts/profiles are not a option, mainly because we simply use the same account and have all apps, settings, peripherals, etc. installed under it and also dealing with multiple accounts is messy to me

what i did was create two Outlook profiles each labeled with our own name using the Mail applet in Control Panel. when either one of us plugs up our WM phones it launches ActiveSync as usual but prompts you to choose the Outlook profile and we simply select our name.

this essentially is the solution to my questions/dilemma

...but is there a way to set it up so that ActiveSync automatically uses her Outlook profile when she plugs up her phone and uses my profile when I plug up my phone? (because sometimes the prompt gets lost behind windows during syncing)