View Full Version : Slides on the standard on-screen keyboard

martin_ayton
06-20-2007, 04:09 PM
The other day, when Fitaly failed to run (something it does periodically) I was using the standard, on-screen, querty keyboard instead and, out of habit, I slid to get a capital letter. Imagine my surprise when it worked! Now, is this an effect of having Fitaly loaded on my PPC, or did the standard keyboard always do this and I just never noticed?

(And if I have been an idiot and not noticed the obvious, please be gentle with me. Please? :mrgreen: )

ADBrown
06-20-2007, 04:47 PM
By sliding, I take it you mean a vertical stroke on the letter in question? The standard keyboard has always done that, as well as sidewise strokes for backspace and space, and downward for enter.

martin_ayton
06-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Cool! Thanks ADBrown - it's even better than I thought. Why aren't these features mentioned anywhere in any of the documentation I have had with either of my PPCs? oh well, I guess I know now.

ADBrown
06-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Cool! Thanks ADBrown - it's even better than I thought. Why aren't these features mentioned anywhere in any of the documentation I have had with either of my PPCs? oh well, I guess I know now.

I don't know about other documentation, but if you go into the keyboard settings, it will list the possible gestures, as well as giving you the option to make the rest of the keys larger by removing those four controls from the regular keyboard.