View Full Version : No Sound On Reminders

Hagow
06-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Hi,

The reminder on my ETEN M600+ does not seem to have sound. It will wake the device when let say an appointment is set with an reminder but there would be no sound at all. I read some threads and it seems to be a WM software issue.

Is there anyway to make the sound come back for reminders?

Don Tolson
06-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi Hagow... I have an Eten X500 and I don't see (hear?) this problem. A couple of things to check...

1) Obvious one -- have you got sound on (speaker icon in the top right)? If it has an X thru it, no notifications/sounds will work at all.
2) Is the sound level too low? Check by tapping on the speaker icon to see what they are currently set to.
3) Notifications turned on? Check this at Start/Settings/Sounds&Notifications (on the Personal Tab). There should be a check mark beside Events and one beside Programs and Notifications.
4) Sound files associated with Reminders, etc.? On the Notifications tab (where you were in #3), take a look in the drop-down list for the Reminders entry. When you tap this, check marks should show up in the Play sound and Repeat boxes. Also check that whatever sound file associated with Reminders works, by pressing the 'Play' button (right pointing arrow).

If all that works, you should be good to go.

I'm not aware of any new ROMs/patches to fix a problem with the M700 sound, other than possibly low overall volume.

Maybe check out the Eten Users Group web site? www.eten-users.eu

Hagow
06-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your reply, I have done all those things with no avail. It is not an issue specific to ETEN phones but to WM5 with the notifications queues. I read a few articles about it but it was too confusing and was just hoping for some clarification.

Thanks anyways.