View Full Version : New Phone: HTC Touch or HP Mobile Messenger

extravagant
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
hey everyone..

i currently have the samsung i320n, i want to get a new phone... just wondering if anyone has any suggestions..... i want gps & wifi for sure and after using the i320 i really like the qwerty.... i'm strongly considering the hp mobile messenger since it has wifi gps and a qwerty

does anyone here use the hp mobile messenger? how do you find it? is it easy to make calls, as easy as the smartphone?

can someone plz answer some questions for the hp hw6955

a) how is the gps
b) is it easy to make calls by just typing in names and then the suggestions come up based on contact names (I know that's how it is for smartphone just wondering if its the same for the ppc)
c) does a baloon pop up for an incoming call?

d) I know WM6 now has the new windows live/messenger so i think u can transfer files.... anyone know if an update or something will be available so I can enjoy this functionality as well since the hp mobile messenger uses wm5.....

Also I am considering the HTC touch but I'm afraid it will make things harder since it doesn't have buttons..... thanks for some input everyone

thanks guys.

Shaun Stuart
06-11-2007, 11:54 PM
I used a HP for a while but couldnt get on with it - it felt cheap and was not very responsive - im not sure if speed improved with Rom upgrades.

The HTC touch looks like a nice device but not sure it fits your needs - I use the HTC Artemis at the moment - its not WM6 but I understand that HTC will be offering an upgrade - the GPS is very good.

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=619

The HTC Touch would be a step backward for me - no GPS and a lack of buttons, plus my next device needs to be 3G

If you can live without a keyboard but want GPS the Artemis is a good bet - its probably the best ppc phone i have owned (and I have owned a few) If you need a keyboard than consider waiting for a couple of weeks/months and get the HTC kaiser

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=733

extravagant
06-12-2007, 02:21 AM
I like the fact of having the qwert... I don't like the fact of using my fingers all the time on the touchscreen to make a call.......

Would you agree its a lot more tedious to make calls on the pocket pc?

Did the HP hw6955 feel big & all that sort of thing? Besides how it felt would you agree its still a good buy?

Also can u please tell me how the incoming screen looks on the hw6955? is it a pop up balloon?

Also does anyone know if we can get an upgrade to windows live messenger?

I think I'm going to just buy the HP hw6955 since it has everything and later on maybe get the Kaiser..... thanks