View Full Version : DHCP server software

I-MANjuel
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Im using a Panasonic mobile wireless display ( CF-08 ) running Windows CE 5.0 which is used to remote computers with a peer to peer wireless connection usin static ip adresses or via a wireless router on a network with ip addresses assigned by the networks DHCP.

I wanna go "the other way". I want the wireless display to act as an accesspoint so that other computers can connect and get an ip address assigned by the display (Windows CE).

The reason is that I dont wanna put a static ip on the remoted computers wireless network card is in case I wanna access other wireless networks/accessporints. This will also make several computers easily able to connect to the remote display unit.

It is possible to connect and remote the computers using their NetBIOS names but it takes a while before the connected computers assigns itself a "couldn't find a DHCP" adress (169.xxx.xxx.xxx).

Short summary: Is there anyway to make the CE unit able to act as a DHCP service?

Cybrid
06-12-2007, 08:06 AM
No. This question is a variation of "can I share my pocketPC internet connection?" and as yet no-one has been able to.