View Full Version : iPAQ hx2755 hard reset issue

emmittobie
06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Hello there. My first post here. My hx2755 seems to have a reset problem that I cannot figure out. The unit works fine for a few days and then when I press the power button nothing happens. When it powers on through the cradle the unit seems to have been hard reset. Originally, I thought that maybe it was a problem with the ROM. I flashed to the latest ROM for Pocket PC 2003. No change in the problem. I then flashed to Windows Mobile 5.0. The same thing happened again but at least I don't lose all the data. The battery is a high capacity battery and seems to function fine. The unit will hard reset even though the battery is still around 90% charged after a day or so. I am wondering if it is a faulty battery or a faulty contact in the battery mechanism or software issues. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cybrid
06-12-2007, 08:09 AM
If it happens even when the battery is 90% then it is most likely a faulty connection. Warranty?

emmittobie
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
You're probably correct. No warranty coverage, but I'll take a look at the connectors or possibly even try a new battery. Thanks for the help.