View Full Version : help! can't sync hp 2210 with windows vista

ig200
06-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Hello

Can anyone help me with a sync problem?

I have an hp 2210, running pocket pc windows 2003, and I cannot sync it with the download centre in windows vista.

Specifically, I want to synchronise my contacts and calendar with microsoft works 8.5. (I don't have outlook). At first I could do a simple sync between pc and device fine and access files. When I clicked the pocket pc sync option in Works it now just hangs everytime I connect it, and I get an error message:
"Retrieving the COM
class factory for component with CLSID
{EE05EDE6-97CF-4D00-9B20-AD9EC0B45108} failed due to the following error:
80040154."

I also have the DDH handbase database software, and the avantgo client - neither of these 2 will sync either!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, and been through the microsoft support pages (useless) with no luck.

I've wondered about doing a hard reset on the ipaq but I don't really want to lose all my settings.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas - thanks!

Cybrid
06-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello

Can anyone help me with a sync problem?

I have an hp 2210, running pocket pc windows 2003, and I cannot sync it with the download centre in windows vista.

Specifically, I want to synchronise my contacts and calendar with microsoft works 8.5. (I don't have outlook). At first I could do a simple sync between pc and device fine and access files. When I clicked the pocket pc sync option in Works it now just hangs everytime I connect it, and I get an error message:
"Retrieving the COM
class factory for component with CLSID
{EE05EDE6-97CF-4D00-9B20-AD9EC0B45108} failed due to the following error:
80040154."

I also have the DDH handbase database software, and the avantgo client - neither of these 2 will sync either!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, and been through the microsoft support pages (useless) with no luck.

I've wondered about doing a hard reset on the ipaq but I don't really want to lose all my settings.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas - thanks!Can't sync to MS Works, only Outlook. On your CD's that came with the PocketPC you have Outlook 2002 (not that that works on Vista :rolleyes:
Make a backup...hard reset and test
or
Try another PC, atleast if it works there...you know its Vista.

ig200
06-14-2007, 10:27 PM
thanks for the advice. I'll try installing works on a windows XP computer and see if I can synchronize on that.

I heard that outlook 2002 has lots of problems in Vista so I probably won't bother with that!.