View Full Version : Pocket PC without phone dying?

Thomas Diersch
06-08-2007, 09:30 PM
So I've been looking to replace a Viewsonic PPC that I can't get a battery cause they don't make them anymore. But my searches have lead me to believe that the PPC device without the phone is a dead duck. Most of the phone devices are small screen affairs (eg treo) so what do you recommend. Is it just me?
I was thinking about getting a Dell V50/51 but they don't sell them anymore. HP IPAQ? Which one?

Tom

Cybrid
06-09-2007, 05:42 AM
So I've been looking to replace a Viewsonic PPC that I can't get a battery cause they don't make them anymore. But my searches have lead me to believe that the PPC device without the phone is a dead duck. Most of the phone devices are small screen affairs (eg treo) so what do you recommend. Is it just me?
I was thinking about getting a Dell V50/51 but they don't sell them anymore. HP IPAQ? Which one?

TomFor retail purchases, you are limited to the 2490 and possibly 2790 by special order through Best Buy et al.
or a special order from eXpansys....The Asus, Fujitsu...many others are available.
Other than that if you are not too picky about secondhand versus new...I'd still recommend the X50/51V...I have the X50v and love it.

ctmagnus
06-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Don't forget, you can always go direct - hp.ca (www.hp.ca).