View Full Version : turns off by itself

tootsikuy
06-07-2007, 05:43 AM
my HP ipaq turns off for no reason, even when the battery indicator says 40% or higher. i can turn it on again just fine, but it's a hassle, especially when i'm in the middle of an e-book. what could be the reason for this? has it happened to anyone else?

LegacyHH
06-08-2007, 03:09 AM
If you are just reading something on your iPAQ, probably the auto power off settings are kicking in.

I don't have my iPAQ 3850 in front of me right now, but if you go to system, there are power off settings in the "Power" section. (I think)

Take care,

rookcnu
06-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Hmmm,.... does it just shut off, or does it actually soft reset?

My Cingular 8125 has been doing that a lot lately. I am wondering if it is because the life of my battery is coming to an end or something and I just need to get a new one.

Cybrid
06-09-2007, 05:58 AM
loose battery cover latch will do that too.

tootsikuy
06-09-2007, 09:16 AM
yes!! it is like a soft reset actually. the power goes off, so i have to push the on button and the settings go back as if it's a soft reset. yesterday it happened when i received a text message. really weird. you think it's the battery? how long is the battery supposed to last anyway? i've been using the ipaq for almost a year now.

LegacyHH
06-10-2007, 03:18 AM
If it was the battery running dead I would assume it wouldn't be like a soft reset. I would go with a bad connection on the battery connectors. Also, you would get a low battery warning if it was the battery actually losing its charge. I have to agree with checking the connection. The 4 screws on the back are all that stand in your way. Its sticky taped to the back panel, so just be gentle.

Good luck,

tootsikuy
06-11-2007, 02:43 AM
thanks a lot. i'll try that.