View Full Version : US Starcom XV-6800 (HTC Titan) for Verizon July 14th

eandrews
06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
So I just got back from the Verizon Upward Mobility Launch. This event was basically a REV-A launch for Verizon in the Phoenix Valley. Many software app venders were there to display their wireless apps capability on REV-A. But was most interesting was the two new phones we will be seeing with Verizon in the next 30 days.

First was the Samsung , it was definitely a nice device, especially being able to access a hard dial pad without sliding the phone open. The demo unit in Samsung's booth was only running WM5 but the rep stated that it will have WM6 and REV-A on release. The release date stated by this rep was before the end of the month of June!!!

Second was the US Starcom XV-6800 (HTC Titan). This phone was sweet!!! I took some pictures with my XV-6700 as posted below (not very good pics). Very thin and the assisted screen lift was great. I will be purchasing this phone. The demo unit the rep had only had WM5 but he stated that on release it will have WM6 and REV-A. The release date stated by this rep will be July 14th!!!

http://www.ericandrews.com/pics/xv6800a.jpg
http://www.ericandrews.com/pics/xv6800b.jpg

Mustang1970
06-11-2007, 04:49 PM
...this could have been posted 4 days ago and no comments. This is fantastic that Verizon will release with RevA and WM6. This is great news and will finalize my move to VZW.

possmann
06-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Boy I really hope this is true - My Treo 700w just took a dump on me - hardware related (the keypad is toast) and I'm a verizon customer looking to replace it with the next best thing.... please let it be this and soon....

ckeegan
06-19-2007, 04:15 PM
1. Some guy in the i760 thread over at pdaph went to the Upward Mobility thing and was told that the i760 was slated for an August release.

2. All of the info I'm seeing in other threads for the 6800 is 7/18/07, but what I'd really like to know is: Is that the full retail date or b2b date?

possmann
07-13-2007, 12:40 PM
:bawl: Talked with a techie (support side) yesterday evening and this guy mentioned to me that he usually sees or is aware of phones for release about a week before public announcement. He hasn't heard anything about the 6800 and really doesn't think that this will be availible this month. Suck. :helpme: I need a windows mobile 6 replacement for my dead Treo 700w and am going through withdrawl...