View Full Version : Screen shots

LegacyHH
05-30-2007, 03:51 AM
I've been trying to get screen shots to post on my site with the downloads, but a lot of the newer higher resolution software doesn't work with Windows Remote Display, and I haven't stumbled across a screen grabber software that works.

Can anyone assist me with a way to get screen shots?

Thanks,

Darius Wey
05-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Try the free Screen Capture (http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/fp/screen_capture.htm) application from Ilium Software.

LegacyHH
05-31-2007, 12:22 AM
I still can't seem to get a screen shot of most QVGA screens.

I should have added, that I take a screen shot but it shows the programs folder that was opened just before the application started.

Thank you though.

Darius Wey
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
I should have added, that I take a screen shot but it shows the programs folder that was opened just before the application started.

It shouldn't do that. Most screen capture applications are designed to work in the background and will take a picture when an assigned button has been clicked or a countdown timer reaches zero.

LegacyHH
06-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Well that's weird. I've tried several different screen shot apps, and even the Remote Mobile Display from the Microsoft Mobile Power Toys, and they all behave the same way.

Is this possibly something with the iPAQ? I have had PP2002 and WM2003 on it, and they both behaved the same.

Thanks,

Darius Wey
06-01-2007, 05:11 AM
Is this possibly something with the iPAQ? I have had PP2002 and WM2003 on it, and they both behaved the same.

Possible, but unlikely. It could be a software conflict. Do you have any other applications installed? If you can afford to, you may want to try uninstalling each one and testing screen captures between each uninstall.