View Full Version : Slight Template Change

Jason Dunn
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
For the past year or so, we've been working hard on creating a new back-end system for Thoughts Media sites - you can see the results of that over at <a href="http://www.zunethoughts.com">Zune Thoughts</a> where we have a new forum system that you can see (vBulletin) and a new content management system (that you can't see). Economic pressures force all commercial Web site owners to re-adjust their templates over time to accommodate new ad sizes, and we're no different here: you'll notice there are new ad sizes on Zune Thoughts, but that the content section is also bigger and wider. <br /><br />Pocket PC Thoughts will eventually adopt a version of that template, but until that happens, I have a serious problem: most advertisers don't want to buy 120 x 600 pixel banners (that's the one you'd normally see on the left side), everyone is buying 160 x 600 pixel banners. So we've done a slight alternation to our template: we've removed the 125 x 125 button banner and expanded the other banner. Did I like having to do this? No. Do I have a choice? No, not really - bills have to get paid, so I'd ask for your support in this (and a big thanks to those companies that do advertise with us). Back to Pocket PC news now...

buzzard
05-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Does the search part of PPCT work any better ?

Frankie1
05-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Just kidding, I didn't even notice. Thanks for your hardwork with this community.

Jason Dunn
05-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Does the search part of PPCT work any better ?

No, it's still the phpBB search, which basically sucks. The vBulletin search tool is much better from what I've seen (though certainly we'll have to see how well it comes with all the data from Pocket PC Thoughts we'll be importing).