View Full Version : Mapopolis European Maps needed for June trip,,especially France, Italy

stoker
05-17-2007, 03:51 AM
I am desperate.. I waited too long to buy them, and now I see the site is closed. If anyone has them for my WM5,,for my HTC Tytn,, I would really appreciate it.. My email address is [email protected] . Thx

Cybrid
05-17-2007, 04:41 AM
I am desperate.. I waited too long to buy them, and now I see the site is closed. If anyone has them for my WM5,,for my HTC Tytn,, I would really appreciate it.. My email address is [email protected] . ThxI believe "sharing" those maps would be against Mapopolis' user agreement and as such illegal.
I'm sorry but I think your only option is to research alternatives like Tom Tom.

disconnected
05-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I am desperate.. I waited too long to buy them, and now I see the site is closed. If anyone has them for my WM5,,for my HTC Tytn,, I would really appreciate it.. My email address is [email protected] . ThxI believe "sharing" those maps would be against Mapopolis' user agreement and as such illegal.
I'm sorry but I think your only option is to research alternatives like Tom Tom.

In a case like this, who would be the injured party? Mapopolis is gone. Would Navteq be able to sue? Not that I think they'd bother; I don't think this map "sharing" is being done on quite the scale of pirated music.

Cybrid
05-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh, so it's only a crime if done in large scales? Kinda like being a "little bit pregnant?" versus a lot pregnant?

Well anyway, my advice is on record. OP will probably do as he pleases anyway.

disconnected
05-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh, so it's only a crime if done in large scales? Kinda like being a "little bit pregnant?" versus a lot pregnant?

Well anyway, my advice is on record. OP will probably do as he pleases anyway.

Sorry if my question offended you. I'm not trying to promote criminal behavior, I was just curious about whether Navteq has any rights in a case like this, where the company that sold the maps (Mapopolis) no longer exists.

martin_ayton
05-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Another option would be to use Live Search or Google Maps. You don't get the turn-by-turn voice prompts, but the street maps and directions are great. If you have a passenger, they can follow the GPS cursor on the maps and do a pretty good job of warning you of the upcoming junctions. Depending on your data deal (especially, if you're roaming), it may turn out to be cheaper than buying a new navigation app. and a set of European maps you may never use again... Signal coverage is pretty good across Europe, so you shouldn't find yourself suddenly running out of maps.

stoker
05-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I would like to buy them from someone. Yes , I guess that entails resale to me. Seeing as that appears to be the only way of buying the software for me to use (seeing as there site is closed for business). I don't quite think ,what I was asking for might be illegal. I love using Mapopolis here , where I live, and wish to continue on using Mapopolis in Europe. I know there are other altenatives (the ones that you have suggested, are worthless when travelling around by car, as far as I am concerned). I could buy TOMTOM, but that would cost about $200, and prefer trying to stick with what I have been using.

sapiof
05-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I am desperate.. I waited too long to buy them, and now I see the site is closed. If anyone has them for my WM5,,for my HTC Tytn,, I would really appreciate it.. My email address is [email protected] . Thx

I also need Europe map for Italy. Anyone knows where can I get them?
Are they for sale anywhere?

Francisco Sapio