View Full Version : did anyone try the beta version of WM6?

ToddJ
05-17-2007, 01:45 AM
I remember awhile back i downloaded a beta version of Windows Mobile 6, but didn't dare mess around with my ROM (i have an ipaq 4155) Has anyone tried it?

Cybrid
05-17-2007, 05:18 AM
I remember awhile back i downloaded a beta version of Windows Mobile 6, but didn't dare mess around with my ROM (i have an ipaq 4155) Has anyone tried it?It won't work. ROM's are OEM specific. 4155's didn't get an upgrade...you'll end up frying it.

Darius Wey
05-17-2007, 05:52 AM
I remember awhile back i downloaded a beta version of Windows Mobile 6, but didn't dare mess around with my ROM (i have an ipaq 4155) Has anyone tried it?

In addition to Cybrid's response, there's a good chance that what you acquired wasn't a beta version. Rather, a ROM hacked together by a Pocket PC enthusiast.

If you wish to try Windows Mobile 6 (which incidentally is no longer in beta), you'll have to pick up a device that officially supports it (e.g., E-TEN Glofiish X500 or M700, T-Mobile Dash, HTC S710, HTC Advantage X7501, etc.), or play around with the emulator Microsoft offers to developers.

Mr.Gadget
05-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Fortunately I have a iMate JasJam and was able to download a cooked WM6 ROM from XDA Developers.

Two words : Lovin' it! :)

ipaq_wannabe
06-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Fortunately I have a iMate JasJam and was able to download a cooked WM6 ROM from XDA Developers.

what are the real advantages of WM6 compared to previous versions of the US, particularly WM5?

Sven Johannsen
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM

what are the real advantages of WM6 compared to previous versions of the US, particularly WM5?

Have a look
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/6/default.mspx
If you see something there that you can't do now, but would like to...that's an advantage.