View Full Version : How would you upgrade?

cnyprecast
05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I have owned my iPAQ 4705 since the model first became available. I "upgraded" to WM5 several months ago, but I am quite unhappy with it (I have updated with the latest WM5 version).

It is time for me to get a new device. I carry a separate cell phone, so I am really just looking for a PPC that would be the same or better that my 4705.

I am considering the Loox N560, but there may be a better choice out there among the zillion devices available (many with phone functionality of course). I realize that if I want WM6, I may have to wait a bit longer, but I might be OK with WM5.

I am looking for a fairly large (preferably VGA) screen. I wan the device to be fast (as opposed to my sluggish WM5 4705. Bluetooth is important. Other than that I can be flexible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks vey much!

LegacyHH
05-14-2007, 11:12 PM
:cry: I have no help at all about newer devices, but I have a question along the same lines. I have an older IPAq 3850, and I just want to upgrade from WM 2002 to WM 2003. I see people advertising it on ebay for $5 or $10 bucks, which is obviously a sham, but how do I obtain the license, and files to do this?

Thanks,

Brad Adrian
05-15-2007, 12:48 AM
My two cents' worth is that, if you can find a Dell Axim X51v from a reliable source or seller, you'd be hard-pressed to find a nicer screen or speedier device. I haven't tried or owned any of the very new devices out there, but I've been very happy with my Dell.