View Full Version : XV6700 Screen Keeps Becoming Unresponsive

fmvela
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Hello,

I have an XV6700 runnng WM5. I seems like my touch-screen becomes unresponsive every other day. I have to go to the settings and re-align the screen.

Does anyone know what causes this? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

applejosh
05-13-2007, 03:45 PM
If re-aligning the touchscreen fixes it all the time, then chances are it's a flaky digitizer. When I had an XV6700, I did notice that it frequently became misaligned (although not really unresponsive, just really out of whack). One thing I did notice was that having Pocket Plus installed (or maybe the process of uninstalling and re-installing/upgrading) seemed to increase the frequency of my needing to re-align. But that could have just been a coincidence as I really didn't have it long enough to really do testing/observing, etc.

If really is a problem, it might need repaired/replaced etc., by the fine folks at Verizon or whoever. I've personally seen an increasing number of digitizer problems in devices in general the past few years (at least personally).

Brad Adrian
05-15-2007, 12:57 AM
I had similar problems with a Cingular 8125; it seemed like realignment was needed every now and then, but then it got increasingly worse. I finally requested a replacement unit and "cloned" the new one using Spb Software's Clone and the new unit works wonderfully. Because I cloned the device, it suggests a bad digitizer and not a software problem. So, since our problems sound so similar, I'd bet you need a new device or digitizer repair.