View Full Version : strange - screen ON, backlight OFF, and NO respone (lock) most mornings?

ipaq_wannabe
05-12-2007, 12:27 AM
i dont know if any of you have experienced this before - kinda strange...

whenever i wake-up in the morning, i find my handheld (WM 5.0 HTC Hermes/TyTN) turned "on," but locked-up and cant do anything without a soft reset.

what i mean is that i can see the screen turned on but with no backlight. i try pressing any of the buttons to turn on the backlight, or pressing the power switch to put it into suspend. unfortunately, to no avail - the only way out is a soft reset.

can anyone somehow shed light to this strange thing?

LegacyHH
05-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Do you have it on the cradle at the time? I've had troubles with mine locking up in the cradle after long periods of active sync. I use an older version of active sync because I still have a Jornada 680 HPC as well, so I think the version is to blame.

Also, Do you have the alarm software on it? Perhaps you should uninstall and try a different software for your alarm?

ipaq_wannabe
05-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Also, Do you have the alarm software on it? Perhaps you should uninstall and try a different software for your alarm?

could be it -- I have Spb Time, where I have set an alarm to go off everyday...

however, never had such problems before, in a previous handheld... hhhmmm....

martin_ayton
05-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I have a Hermes and earlier this year I startd having all sorts of issues with it: The situation you describe happened often (but not every day) and it got unstable with spontaneous soft resets. In the end I bit the bullet, hard reset it and reinstalled software, taking the opportunity to install iLauncher instead of SPB Pocket Plus (which never seemed to play quite right with my Hermes). It's been solid as a rock ever since.

ipaq_wannabe
05-13-2007, 12:47 AM
I have a Hermes and earlier this year I startd having all sorts of issues with it: The situation you describe happened often (but not every day) and it got unstable with spontaneous soft resets. In the end I bit the bullet, hard reset it and reinstalled software, taking the opportunity to install iLauncher instead of SPB Pocket Plus (which never seemed to play quite right with my Hermes). It's been solid as a rock ever since.

actually, ive also gotten rid of Spb PocketPlus since my Axim x50v days - it was such a resource hog/a bloat, so sluggish that it dragged the entire handheld with it... after doing some trial-and-errors, i found out that upon removing PocketPlus - my Axim was much smoother...

no more PocketPlus for me - from the Axim, to my Sharp WS004SH, and now to my Hermes (actually with such bloat i was staying away from Spb Phone Suite).

anyway, im beginning to think that Spb Time would be the culprit... hhhmmm...