View Full Version : Dell has stopped manufacturing Dell Axim X50 - X51v series Pocket PCs.

aaudi
05-03-2007, 05:32 AM
:cry: I'm sorry to hear that DELL has stopped manufacturing such popular and widely used Pocket PC. If it is true which is the best alternative especially in those use them in application design (Paperlesss questionnaire) for data collection in health research field. A pocket PC that can support VB Dot Net 2005 application, SQL 2005 database and OS is windows mobile 2005.

I have been using Dell Axim X50 for the last 2 years until 3 months ago when i switched to X51v but, a week ago when i wanted to order for more I was told Dell has stopped manufacturing Pocket PC....

I am told HP iPAQ can serve the same purpose is true? Pls advice am desperate... coz my research has stopped.

Thnks,
Aaudi.

Cybrid
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM
:cry: I'm sorry to hear that DELL has stopped manufacturing such popular and widely used Pocket PC. If it is true which is the best alternative especially in those use them in application design (Paperlesss questionnaire) for data collection in health research field. A pocket PC that can support VB Dot Net 2005 application, SQL 2005 database and OS is windows mobile 2005.

I have been using Dell Axim X50 for the last 2 years until 3 months ago when i switched to X51v but, a week ago when i wanted to order for more I was told Dell has stopped manufacturing Pocket PC....

I am told HP iPAQ can serve the same purpose is true? Pls advice am desperate... coz my research has stopped.

Thnks,
Aaudi.Yes, it can. I would however urge you to check out Acer, and HTC re-branded designs. Is a VGA screen vital?