View Full Version : does ActiveSync create PocketPC's categories when syncing into Outlook?

sybernut
04-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Thought I'd restate/shorten my previous question...

PocketPC Contacts Categories, Notes folders, etc. don't get created in Outlook when I synchronize, everything ends up in one directory in Outlook Contacts and Notes... why?

I am running WinCE 3.0 on an iPAQ 3650, and Active Sync 3.8 and Outlook 97 on XP.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sy

schmenge
04-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Thought I'd restate/shorten my previous question...

PocketPC Contacts Categories, Notes folders, etc. don't get created in Outlook when I synchronize, everything ends up in one directory in Outlook Contacts and Notes... why?

I am running WinCE 3.0 on an iPAQ 3650, and Active Sync 3.8 and Outlook 97 on XP.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sy

If memory serves me correctly you should be able to sync categories for calendar and contacts, but not notes. For notes you would need a third part app like PhatNotes. You may need to create the category for contacts in Outlook under the master categories.

sybernut
05-07-2007, 02:57 AM
thanks, OK, so if I understand correctly, there is no single sync SW out there right now which lets me do the following for calendar / contacts / tasks / notes:

- create categories on one device (WIndows Mobile or Outlook on my PC) which do not exist on the other device, and create items in them

- synchronize

- see the categories automatically created on the other device, and the sync'd items placed in the appropriate categories

also, from reading other posts, it seems that synchronization only of specific categories is not possible either...

if true, sounds like a good business opportunity :-)