View Full Version : Red LED on my SPH-i700 is on continuously

rocky_raher
04-25-2007, 08:22 PM
The red LED on my i700 has been lit constantly for about 30 minutes now, even when it's turned off. A soft reboot doesn't help. The antenna symbol (phone status) shows an exclamation point. I called my phone from a landline and immediately got my voicemail. Clicking on the antenna symbol brings up the Connectivity status box, which states "No Service." However, I'm at my desk, and I've always had good reception here before. I've been out of range of cell towers before, without getting the constant red LED, so I doubt that Verizon service has really just dropped, or that such a loss of service would be causing the red LED.

The Samsung manual says almost nothing about the LED except that it exists.

I know the next step is a hard reset, but I want to delay doing that for a day or so.

My trusty i700 is almost 3 years old now, and it has been showing other signs of age. I am hoping it lives until the i760 come out (in June, last I heard).

rocky_raher
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
After work I took my i700 to a Verizon service center. The local technician couldn't fix the problem. She called another service center and handed me the phone. While I was on hold, I noticed that the red LED was out and I had four bars on the phone status again. I speed-dialed my wife to test it, and she answered just as the Verizon tech came on the line. So, the problem simply went away.