View Full Version : Password Entry skrewed me up!!! I cant get into my HP Rx3115. Help..

arehopeless
04-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Hi all pros,

My HP ipaq 3115 skrewed me up today. My touch screen won't let me input figures on Password entry!!!

I should not have setup the password for my machine but i did. It was working fine until today. The screen is not touch screen anymore for some reason. When I tried to hit the figures, It did nothing so that I can get in to my machine. It locked me up. Please help. :lol:

I wonder there might be two reasons for this.

1. the touch screen gets some problems so it won't let me to input figurs. If that is the case, I guess that I get the bad luck and will lost money to repair that.
2. May be I accidentally looked the key pad somehow if there is a lock. Please let me know if you have the same experience before. If this is the case, I will not need to repair my machine.

I really need your help on this and keep fingure cross!!..

Thanks.

Cybrid
04-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Try a soft reset...
failing that a hard reset...

arehopeless
04-30-2007, 07:27 AM
:roll: This machine gives more headache now.

First of all, I have to let you guys now that I bought this one - HP rx 3115 from Ebay which still cost me about 200 dollars. Because this one now gives me more problems. I do trust these products came off from ebay anymore. I will suggest everyone that if you want really reliable machine, buy from reputable store as a brand new.

Now. the problems apart from not able to tap the password are the failures of system. Since I can't tap the password as previously discribed before, I gave up and left the pda uncharged until the battery dies out. And then, I plugged the pda with the charger and the pda starts again. Instead of showing me the password key pad, the windows system starts and then the screen change to a message asking to realign the screen. I did it following the instruction using my stylus to tap the coordinates. But it ask me to do the same thing like forever. I was so frustrated and shut it off with both hard and soft reset and same thing happened again and again. I gave up.

If you had expenerience with the same thing, I will be appreciated if you would like to share your experience. Otherwise, I will suggested that AWAY FROM THE SECOND HAND PDAs.

Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
05-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Take the main battery out and leave the unit overnight. I have had more than one PPC that has retained enough residual juice to keep issues alive, if I just let the battery drain. That's not a good practice BTW. LIon batteries don't like to be fully drained.

If it still won't align, you might try PPCTechs. It will cost you a little more but you could wind up with a perfectly good PPC.