View Full Version : No Edge icon?

ctmagnus
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I've got a Treo 750v that only displays a GPRS icon in the titlebar. This was the case when I was using the same sim card that I had in my JAMin, that displayed an Edge icon when Edge coverage was available, and is still the case with a new 3G sim card.

Is this an OS bug, a Cingular bug (the phone's an unlocked Cingular on the Rogers network), or can the registry be hacked to correct it?

Cybrid
04-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I've got a Treo 750v that only displays a GPRS icon in the titlebar. This was the case when I was using the same sim card that I had in my JAMin, that displayed an Edge icon when Edge coverage was available, and is still the case with a new 3G sim card.

Is this an OS bug, a Cingular bug (the phone's an unlocked Cingular on the Rogers network), or can the registry be hacked to correct it?This is a guess and possibly FUD. On CDMA devices, there is a hidden PRL file. Preferred Roaming Location? This file tells a device if it is on its home territory. Unlocking the device isn't going to change that and I don't know for sure...but maybe Cingular customized it to connect only to GPRS voice when on Roaming.
Was the Jamin branded?

Possibly the antenna sucks?

Sven Johannsen
04-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I have a similar issue I think with my K-Jam. All I ever get is the G. I can go to DSL reports and confirm EDGE speeds. There have been some registry hacks posted around that are supposed to add the E, but they haven't worked on the K-Jam, though did as I recall on the JasJar. Might just be cosmetic.