View Full Version : Password icon not working

asims
04-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Greetings!

I have an IPAQ hx2495. However, I have suddenly developed a little problem. I can't go into the Password screen to change it. When I tap the icon, nothing happens - no error, no crashing, no advancing to the Password change screen. Thankfully, the only time a password is required is when I try to sync up with my desktop at work or at home. It isn't needed to access the ppc. And thankfully, I remembered the last password I set it for. Is there some registry key I need to modify in order to access the Password screen again?
The last program I installed was Pocket Toolman. After installing it, it required me to set a password before I could test out its shortcut icon that would access it. However, I disabled the need for a password before uninstalling the program. Can someone help me besides suggesting reinstalling Pocket Toolman? I have already tried a hard reset, but I'm guessing my backup has the issue on it (but not Pocket Toolman installed) because the reset didn't work.
Thanks!

Cybrid
04-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't think there is an easy way out of this one. It doesn't appear to be an easily solvable problem by a few registry edits.
I can only suggest that since you have a backup utility and a backup with this issue, is selectively restore the backup. possibly narrowing down the problem. Be sure to make ample copies and take every precaution.

:This was post #1000:

asims
04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your idea. And congratulations on your #1000 post! :D

Taking your idea of creating a backup and then exploring different methods, is there a way to delete the Password icon and recreate it? If that's possible, how would I go about doing that?

Cybrid
04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your idea. And congratulations on your #1000 post! :D

Taking your idea of creating a backup and then exploring different methods, is there a way to delete the Password icon and recreate it? If that's possible, how would I go about doing that? You could copy the link from a fresh hard reset device and paste it back after a restore but I don't know if it will work.