View Full Version : Can you crack this? Bluetooth and Active Sync?

charliec
04-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Hi I have a pocket PC phone, and bought a Kensington Bluetooth donge to use with my PC, and allow for active sync to happen without having to phyisically connect. I thought it would be easy but I have been trying for days to get it to work and I can't.

I'm not very good on comkputers, but is anyone able to tell me step by step how to do this? The Kensington software has allowed me make a partnership with my Pocket PC, and i have transferred a voicecard successfully.

Some weird observations: when I go to active sync on my pocket pc and select connect via Bluetooth it says it cannot find a partnership. The com ports (I don't even know what they do) do not match. On my pcket pc they range from 1-9, yet on my laptop only 14 and 16 are available.

carln
04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
I have a similar situation that I have not been able to resolve... just like charliec I and establish a bluetooth presence on each device, and I can even copy files, but when I try to sync them, or use pdanet it can not find a partnership. I can use it fine on USB... but that's not the point, I thought this would be fairly easy and straight forward to do....

mcha
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I recently had to do a hard reset & a rebuild on my PDA [FSPL720/ Wm2003SE], & remake the AS/BT setup.
It didn't work at first, but after some checking I discovered that the BT serial service wasn't configured correctly.
I guess the settings on the laptop may differ depending upon the BT s/w in use, but on my laptop, at least, I needed to do the following -
BT Icon|Advanced Config|Local services|Add serial service button|
Shows as 'Bluetooth Serial Port' on COM5
Also checked 'startup auto' [which wasn't];
Now shows in the services provided & connects ok.
Hope this helps, Mark.