View Full Version : Masking my Url...

Supdog
04-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Hello all,

First off, I am pretty new to all this URL language, etc. but I appreciate any direction you can give me. I have an eBook that i am selling online. My problem is that after the customer purchases an eBook, they have access to the "confirmation" page, where they will get their PIN code which opens their Ebook.

What I have discovered is that if they simply give the confirmation address to someone else, the person they give it to can receive a free PIN code. I was wondering if there is any way to "Hide" or "Mask" the web address from the purchaser when they return to my website after making their purchase thru paypal? Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks for your time.

peace,
Supdog

dMores
04-07-2007, 08:41 PM
i am not entirely sure, also, this is more of a web-dev question than an ebook one :)

normally, you cannot "hide" urls.

a page links to something, that url gets displayed.

you could put the entire purchasing-process in a frame inside your website.
this sort of hides the urls, but it might cause problems when you mix secure and non-secure pages in one frameset.

i think you might have to work with paypal, they need to call a webpage on your server with a certain parameter, you then use this parameter and work with it.
ideally, start a session and continue on to another page, if it's fast then the user won't see the landing url on your page.

not knowing why you want to keep urls hidden, this answer is hard to answer.