View Full Version : An Entire Forum for...

OSUKid7
04-01-2007, 09:37 AM
So I've been out of the PPCT-posting world for awhile, but I had to comment on this...

An entire forum for an April Fools' Day news post? You guys go all out. ;)

So what will become of this forum after today?

MitchellO
04-01-2007, 10:43 AM
The iPhone is LAME. Looking forward to the new WM6 devices :D

mjhamson
04-01-2007, 02:35 PM
The iPhone is LAME. Looking forward to the new WM6 devices :D

MitchellO : It seems that even before this thread/forum has even started, you have already done a great job at lowering it to a mentality that is void of anything but pure adolescence.

I have been involved in the industry for a very long time. I have seen the inner-workings of the cogs and been both miffed and amazed. When I first saw that Pocket PC Thoughts was going to add an iPhone section, I (had) hoped that it would be one that could bring good discussions and helpful information to the readers.

However, if your post is any indicator of where things are going.. then I am afraid that this site has all but become useless.

It is hard enough (for me as an insider to the industry) to have to read blogs, posts, and varying statements from so called experts who have an obvious lack of knowledge of the market place... your own comments and "opinions" only tend to add to the "fud" that is so rampant anyway.

I have long been silent... on these forums... and for once there is a product that meets my wants/needs... wants that I have evangelized for years at Microsoft... as well as in the community. Now that there is a product that addresses those wants/needs... I want to talk about it. But so long as there are people such as yourself who prefers to antagonize the readers... There seems no point in actually developing a community.

For someone who has a MBP, you would think that you would have a slight understanding of the methodology and reasonings for the iPhone.

Also remember... that while the iPhone is targeted at the "Smart Phone" industry... the customer base for the target is not the same. So if you are not in that target group.... then please do us all a favour and move on.

By the way, we all know that the Newton is still the best "PDA" device on the market.

Have a happy April Fool's day everyone.... I dont get to celebrate it here in Russia... not that I ever thought much of this day anyway.

MitchellO
04-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Whoa! Take it easy! I just don't understand what the big deal is about the iPhone. While in may have a nice screen and slender profile, its still months away, while there are better phones coming out constantly. It will probably be a hit because it is an Apple device and it has that alluring "i" in its name, but there are far more powerful and capable devices out there.

Gotta love April Fools day though, it's hard to believe anything you read on the net today ;)

mjhamson
04-01-2007, 07:39 PM
MitchellO: I hope you got the Happy Fool's day tidbit!!!

By the way... I take a very viscious approach to the day since.. two years ago... living in Russia.. where this day is not observed (so I had no idea it was that day)... my American "Friend" called to tell me that my Cat which I left alone at home for the weekend while I was in Saint Petersburg... was near death with no water and food... and it would not eat anything....

So.. I quickly went to the train station... no cash on me... i actually borrowed $100 from a Russian mob guy (true ... truly true - big burly body guards and all) in order to get home quicly... it took 16 hours on the train... only to come home to no problem.. all part of a joke... OUCH!!!

So this day now has a bit of a wicked twist to me now... and I am more then happy to payback every lame a$$ mother who i can in the hopes that some day.... I can bounce the whole world into a day of horrid pain.

Like i said... not much into the day ;-)

by the way... Jason... you deserve the same thing for standing me up for lunch... what... was that 5 or 6 years ago? NEVER forget - NEVER forgive!

- just joking mate!

Darius Wey
04-02-2007, 06:42 AM
So what will become of this forum after today?

Non-existent. :P

And off this goes to the Off-Topic forum.