View Full Version : Can I browse folders on Dell Axim via Bluetooth connection with laptop? How???

drkwc
03-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Hi:

RE: Dell Axim X30BT.

I've always transferred files, renamed, deleted, etc., using the connector cable and navigating via My Computer on my laptop. Just bought a bluetooth dongle for the laptop. Cannot for the life of me get it to recognize the Pocket PC via MyComputer. It will ActiveSync via bluetooth, but won't let me browse the Pocket PC via My Computer.

The miserable software that came with the dongle tells me that I must set up a "Share folder" on both the PC and Pocket PC in order to move files.

That's pretty cumbersome. Surely there is some way to browse folders via bluetooth. Any idea what I need to do, or what I am missing?

Thank you,
kwc

Cybrid
03-24-2007, 04:47 AM
No. Activesync over BT should be the same as using a cable. BT in that case acts as a radio replacement for a serial cable. Use the explore button within Activesync to view the files on the PPC.
If you were to attempt to bypass AS... then yes, you will need shared folders. Those shared folders would be the only other way.

Don't Panic!
03-24-2007, 04:57 AM
This guide (http://www.aximsite.com/bluetooth/) should help you sort this out.

HTH[/url]

drkwc
03-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Cybrid and Don't Panic.

Didn't realize that I could use ActiveSync to explore folders, Cybrid. Have never used it that way. That will probably do exactly what I am used to doing using the My Computer icon and dragging and dropping folders between the laptop and Pocket PC.

Grateful for the help.