View Full Version : HELP...I can not get my HP2215 to keep the correct time

sharoncyber
03-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi,
Every since the early time change this year I can not get my HP2215 to keep the correct time. I changed the clock through Settings, System, Clock and after I hook it up to my computer it changes back to the wrong time (1 hour too early). I did the installs through Microsoft but my Pocket PC is not hooking up to my computer time (my computer time is correct).

Sharon

clbsvi
03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
The way i handled this problem was to change the time on Both my PPC, an IPAQ hx2495 and my Tosiba laptop, a Satellite M45-S269, at the time of the original Daylight Time change.
As a unrelated problem, my IPAQ lose time at the rate of about 3 minutes a month. Mostly a pain in the butt.
Your problem should resolve itself routinely after the regular Daylight Time change date passes.
I use the time shown on the Cox Cable TV program guide page. There
may be also a 1-800 toll-free number to the Naval Observatory Atomic Clock Time Standard which should be findable by using Google or AOL's search engine.

sharoncyber
03-23-2007, 02:03 AM
I did go to HP's website. They have a thing where you can chat with a rep. The first rep told me to download Microsoft Updates for the time change. This did not help so I went back and asked again. The second rep gave me a link to a HP patch for the daylight savings time. After I installed that patch I no longer have the problem. My Pocket PC, I guess, is linking up with my PC for the time.

Starevoli
04-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I had the same difficulty for a couple of weeks with my Ipaq h2215.

I would change the clock then once I set it back in the cradle -- the time would again revert to the old (wrong) time while my desktop clock was correct.

Then one day I changed the clock time setting on my Pocket PC and it stuck -- it did NOT revert once synced. I don't know what happened... but it resolved itself without my downloading any updates.
:?