View Full Version : anyone upgraded ipaq 2750 to wm5?

nimooo
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm having a lot of problems here...I have to soft reset several times and the speed had remarkably decreased...am I the only one having this problem?should I downgrade?

Darius Wey
03-20-2007, 01:31 AM
The issue of speed will always be present, since Windows Mobile 5.0 structures the memory system a little differently. Data is stored on the slower, non-volatile ROM as opposed to the faster, volatile RAM. A slight speed drop is the cost of ensuring your data stays intact if the battery ever runs out. That said, it's much more noticeable on older devices upgraded to Windows Mobile 5.0. Newer devices designed for Windows Mobile 5.0 sport an optimized memory architecture, so most of the speed hits are negligible.

As for your multiple soft resets a day - can you go into it with a bit more detail? What's prompting you to soft reset? More often than not, it's related to buggy third party applications.

nimooo
03-20-2007, 02:27 AM
well thanks for the reply....
actually it kindda hangs all the time...even when it stays connected to my PC through active sync for a while...when I run my programs,after 4 5 commands(different parts of any programs)it gets jammed and I have to perform a soft reset...
even when I wanna copy an Ebook on my device it gets jammed let alone reading it...
does it matter what windows I have used?cuz I downloaded it from somewhere(which is a reputable web site yet cracked of course)
I don't know it used to work just fine...maybe I shouldn't have changed it...

Nurhisham Hussein
03-20-2007, 03:04 AM
actually it kindda hangs all the time...even when it stays connected to my PC through active sync for a while...

There's a file compaction routine that WM5 does to more efficiently allocate ROM space - that's the likely culprit right there. Let it run on (keep it on power) for 24-48hrs when it seems to have hung. Hopefully the OS will have finished by then.

does it matter what windows I have used?cuz I downloaded it from somewhere(which is a reputable web site yet cracked of course)

If you put in a non-HP generic ROM of WM5, I'm very surprised it runs at all.

Darius Wey
03-20-2007, 04:46 AM

If you put in a non-HP generic ROM of WM5, I'm very surprised it runs at all.

I'll definitely echo Nurhisham's comment here. Cracked and hacked ROMs, no matter how reliable they may seem, just aren't the real thing. Issues will inevitably arise. I recommend you downgrade the OS or purchase the official upgrade.

nimooo
03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
thanks guys...I think I'll just downgrade...