View Full Version : Timezone issues

VanHlebar
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Somehow since we switched times here last week, my laptop and my Treo 700wx are out of sync. My laptop has all the correct times for my appointments, but my phone is now 1 hour behind where is should be.

I have verified that both my phone and my laptop are both set to the same timezone and both of them are showing the correct time. If I make a change on my phone to make it have the correct time for my appointments, then it syncs with my laptop and the laptop is then 1 hour later than it should be. So how can I correct this? Do I just have to delete all my appointments and reenter them? I sure hope not. :D

Thanks,
-Eric

applejosh
03-19-2007, 08:45 PM
There are a few discussions around here regarding the DST change. Windows (desktop) and your PDA both need patched. The Windows patch was delivered through last month's update cycle. The one for the PDA needs to be manually applied. Have you applied that patch and followed the post install instructions?

You might want to head over to the Microsoft DST web page and download the appropriate patch(es) (http://www.microsoft.com/dst2007). You phone provider might also have the update you need to apply. Probably a good idea to check their website first.

Brad Adrian
03-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Just make sure to follow MS's instructions carefully and implement the fixes for your PC and PPC with as little time between as possible. You want to avoid creating any alarms or time-related events in-between applying the fixes. I made that mistake and ended up getting to a dentist appointment an hour too early.

VanHlebar
04-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Ok, so I applied the fixes to my laptop and my Treo. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks and then last weekend it started acting up again. Now when I sync with my laptop my time on my Treo is an Hour behind again and the times on my Tre are all an hour off. Any other ideas?

-Eric