View Full Version : 2200 Spontaneous Hard Reset

55Kevy
03-18-2007, 10:19 AM
My 2200 (purchased in July 2003) has spontaneously hard reset on me 4 times in the past week. The last time was immediately after a recurring appointment alarm. All others happened when the device was not in use: I'd turn it on to find the 'align screen' message.

Is there any information out there on this problem and what to do to stop it from happening? I didn't find anything obvious in a search of these forums.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kevin

doughboy
03-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Just a few thoughts:

Do you have the ROM v1.1 installed rather than v1.0? If not, go to the HP website to obtain the new ROM version.

Did you recently install any new software that could be creating the problem? You could rule out all software by not installing any after the next hard reset to see if the problem recurs.

How long does your battery take to charge? If it takes a smaller amount of time it may be time for a new one.

Does the battery sit tight within the compartment? When I dropped my iPAQ 2210 it hard reset a while afterwards. It was because the battery door latch had broken and was not keeping the battery tight.

You may have a wiring short regarding the battery.

Best wishes on diagnosing the problem.