View Full Version : Alarm Will Not Turn Off!

fmvela
03-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello,

I have a Verizon XV6700 running WM5. I use the built in alarm application to wake me up in the morning. It has always worked well until this morning when the pop-up window asking to dismiss the alarm did not come up. As a result, I could not turn my alarm off. I tried soft reseting three times and deactivating the alarm by unchecking the box but still had no luck. I even tried setting a new alarm hoping that the pop -up box would come back up and now I have TWO alarms I can't turn off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brad Adrian
03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
It sounds like you've got some corruption in your Notifications file. Try using a utility like MemMaid to look for duplicate or odd-looking entries in the Notification configuration.

LoveDeviceHateTheGlitch
03-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I have the PPC6700 from Sprint so, I don't know that this is the same problem that I once had but, let me save you some potential pain. Once upon a time, I bought the PPC6700 and, it wasn't more than one or 2 months before my alarms would go off and not stop because my dismiss button was missing mysteriously. I soft reset for a couple months each time this would happen. I even gave it a hard reset once. Finally, my entire unit went Kaput. I eventually had to replace it because the unit was a total bust. And, I mean literally a total bust. The phone wouldn't even work and, nevermind the bells and whistles of the calendars and basic ability to keep you organized, the unit's main function is as a cell phone. So, when the phone wouldn't even work, I was on my last nerve. So, the problems started small enough with the inability to turn my alarm off without resetting it and ended up with a completely useless phone. I don't know if it was just a bad apple. No one has ever been able to give me an answer to why this happened. But, my recommendation is that you just replace it and save yourself some frustration. If my device is the same as yours, it only gets worse! Now, that being said, you might ask Verizon if they have heard of the problem and if they have a fix or a patch for it. But, I spent the better part of several months wanting to throw my expensive unit directly at Sprint Headquarters in the hopes that I would knock someone out. Perhaps, by now...as that was somewhere around a year or less ago, the problem has been understood and these units can be fixed. But, at the first hint of an "I don't know", or an "I have never heard of this problem" from Verizon, insist that they replace the device as the money you paid for the device is not worth the headaches that it may be ready to give you if it isn't fixed or replaced immediately!

Take care and keep in touch!

BTW, my new device has never had that problem but, once burned for several months by my first one, I don't use the alarms anymore as I don't care to get involved in that headache again!