View Full Version : The proper way to apply a screen protector

linuxadept
03-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Hello again!

I just bought and installed a screen protector for my 4155 - the problem is I did it wrong.
In the users manual it said just to wipe the screen with a smooth cloth and then apply the foil beginning with the upper left corner. And that was it!
I finally ended with many bubbles under the screen and it surely doesn't look nice!

I removed it, and re-applied it using a credit card to flatten it on the screen - it worked great but since this was the second time I did it it won't stick well anymore.

If anyone knows how to properly apply it on the screen (no trial and error please, I already waited for 2 weeks for my screen protector :-)) I would appreciate it!

Thank you!

Darius Wey
03-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Can you tell us the type of screen protector you're applying? Is it adhesive, semi-adhesive, non-adhesive? Anti-glare or crystal clear? The maker of the protector?

There are a lot of different screen protectors out there and each have their own methods of best application.

linuxadept
03-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Its "clearguard xp" from www.clearguardxp.com.

Paragon
03-16-2007, 07:02 AM
When I apply a screen protector I go into the bathroom and turn the shower on, hot. This takes all the dust out of the air. Take a business card or something like it and cut it so it is slightly narrower than the screen. If they give you a small plastic applicator thingy (what else can I call it?) use that. Hold it up against the top edge of the screen, so that it is perpendicular to the screen. This will stop the protector from sliding under the casing, and will assure that it is square with the screen. Once you have the top edge in place hold it with a finger so it stays in place and peel back the backing so the protector sticks to the screen. As you peel the backing you can run a finger along the center of the protector so that it is applying itself from the center out, cutting down on the number of bubbles. Any bubbles that do appear can be worked out as you did before.

Dave

Cybrid
03-16-2007, 08:49 AM
(what else can I call it?) DaveA Squeegee. In case you ever win a shot in some game show... :lol: