View Full Version : Do I need to upgrade?

Totores
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi there,
I'm a new poster on this forum I have an upgrade question

I own an older HP IPAQ Pocket PC h1910 that i bought a few years back under the info it tells me that it's running Microsoft Pocket PC V3.0.11171.

I'ts working fine at the moment, but, I'm one for breaking things, should I upgrade the OS and to what?
Is there a real advantage in upgradin the OS in this unit?

Any suggestion is welcome
Thanks

Darius Wey
03-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Upgrading the OS on a Pocket PC is in no way similar to upgrading the OS on a PC. Manufacturers determine whether or not OS upgrades are made available for each of their devices, and unfortunately for you, the h1910 never made it past Pocket PC 2002, which is what you're running now.

Are there advantages in upgrading to the latest and greatest? Sure. There are always a handful of new features that make the Pocket PC experience better than ever, but as always, there are also a few bugs and unwanted features that cause problems. If you're happy with your h1910, stick with it. If you think it's time to upgrade, by all means do so, especially if the idea of a converged device (PDA + phone) tickles your fancy.

Totores
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for that,
I'm fairly happy with the unit, it'a a fair compromise in size (It fits nicely in the shirt pocket even with the lether casing).
The other week I added 2GB of memory that has allowed me to install some neet new software.