View Full Version : North America Readers, Update Your Timezone

Janak Parekh
03-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Now that Daylight Savings Time is now official in the US and Canada, and since phpBB <i>still</i> doesn't automatically adjust for DST, you may want to <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile">edit your preferences</a> to update your timezone. I'm in Eastern time, and thanks to DST, I shifted from GMT-5 to GMT-4; similarly, most people will simply add one hour. :)

inteller
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
well, microsofts "fix" didn't work. So I guess in 3 weeks my phone will try to jump ahead AGAIN.

Stupid Bush, if it wasnt for you the US wouldn't have wasted millions trying to fix this crap.

I say its time to ban DST altogether!

www.standardtime.com

Rod3
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Sadly, Palm's fix did work. Why can't Microsoft make it right? This means four adjustments a year forever unless you get all new stuff. I keep my old ones running, and this is a major headache. Didn't have to do a thing to the Palms, but the Pocket PCs are all wrong. (If this was the only thing I had to be mad at Bush about, it would be a lot better...)
:roll:

Janak Parekh
03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
well, microsofts "fix" didn't work.
Worked perfectly fine for me. I was awake at 2am and saw the time on my Pocket PC shift and the dialog appear.

Stupid Bush, if it wasnt for you the US wouldn't have wasted millions trying to fix this crap.
It's more accurate to blame Congress.

I say its time to ban DST altogether!
Not going to happen.

--janak