View Full Version : Every single year at DST my Outlook calendar and ActiveSync go nuts...

SarahMN
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
...moving some appointments one hour earlier and others do not update. This is such a pain. Any easy fixes out there so I can control this?

Phoneboy101
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I have the same problem. I've installed all of the "patches" which seemed to work, ie, my datebook was screwed up 3 week early this year. It's hit and miss. Some appointments are not effected.

Can some PLEASE explain why Outlook and Mobile Outlook have to screw with my appointment times when DST hits. If I have a meeting scheduled for 9:00 am ST, why does it change to 10:00 am in DT? We meet at a time relative to the clock, not relative to the sun's position in the sky.

For that matter, why does it screw up appointment times when changing timezones. If I enter a 9:00 am meeting in my calendar, and fly to another time zone for that meeting, why does the time zone change in my device, change the time of the meeting in the calendar.

They are making this too complicated. All that needs to happen with time changes is an adjusting of the clock, not the entire calendar database.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?