View Full Version : What is audible player?

code-frog
03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Audible Player is taking up 4 megs of my 6700 and I don't think I need it. Can I remove it? Please read this as, the fact I don't think I need it and the fact I'm not totally sure what it is are the concern... I don't know that I've ever used it but maybe the 6700 does for something...

Memory Maid is one sweet little dish... Showed me some very cool things. Why does POutlook archive mail and not show you it has done that?

Zagleft1
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Audible Player is the software application that plays downloaded book/subscription files from audible.com.

If you aren't using it, no reason not to uninstall, but since it appears it came "native" on your PPC, it may be in ROM and un-uninstallable (nice word, huh?). Try removing it.

code-frog
03-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah I expanded the directory and looked inside it. There were about 8 books/audios in there that I have no idea where they come from or how they got in there. They are gone now and I got back almost 5 megs of precious memory from it. Thanks to memory maid I've reclaimed 18 megs of permanently locked up memory. I now have 23 megs free after spending nearly a month with only 3 megs. That's a royal PITA when you use your phone to read your email. :(