View Full Version : ActiveSync 4.2 settings (UNWANTED automatic synchronization )

csucu
02-26-2007, 02:21 PM
In my previuous PDA (Imate) using WM3 and the respective version of ActiveSync, there was a setting
allowing manual synchronization. I can not find the same in the version of ActiveSync that ships with the M700....and it is very annoying.
Say for eg. if I simply want to charge the ppc with the usb cable, it will automatically synchronize whatever is ticked in Tools/Options...although maybe I do not intend this. In the previous behaviour, it would recognize the device, connect to it and then, if the above mentioned option was set, it would just show how many contacts, calendar entries etc need to be synchronized, but then it would stop. And it would wait for the user to click Sync button in order to go ahead.
Does anyone have any idea if this feature has been removed from ActiveSync in these later versions?
The only setting I can find is Conflict resolution, but this is not what I am looking for...
I saw there is a 4.5 version available....Anyone any experience with it?

Thanks in advance
Cristian

Sven Johannsen
02-27-2007, 05:21 AM
yea that is gone. Unfortunately, to help you out, MS decided it was not only neccessary to take away that option, but also to sync every 5 minutes whether it needs it or not, if it sees a USB port.

You'll want a seperate charger.

csucu
02-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks Sven.
Bad luck...For this and another million reasons I think I will part with Microsoft soon and look for alternatives, even if they are not as popular :-)