View Full Version : IP 5555 went dead

rebb
02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
My 5555 just went dead. Tried to charge it without success (the yellow battery charging light does not come on). I removed and reinstalled the battery. I tried the soft reboot...all with out success. Just before it died, the screen started to flicker and then just a bunch of colored lines...then dead.
Any idea what the problem might be? Is it a battery problem?

Is this device worth fixing? Thanks

Pdaholic
02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Could be a victime of the "dead battery syndrome" which plagued the 5555. If the battery drops below I think 3.2V, the unit will not come on. Put it on charge for a few hours, then do a soft reset, then hit the power button. Hopefully it will revive itself. Good luck.

Smokey Joe
02-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Could be one of two things. First your charger may have died. Then on the other hand it may be a battery/charging problem.
I had a similar problem some time ago. Both the main battery and backup battery had gone flat. When I tried to charge the unit it would not charge or switch on. I Solved the problem by plugging the device into the charger and the charger to the power outlet. I then switched on the power at the outlet and left the unit for several hours. Over a period of around 36/48 hours I periodically tried switching the unit on without success and also tried doing a soft reset also without success. After about 48 hours I tried switching the unit on - still no luck. Did a soft reset and all of a sudden the unit sprank to life. It just took a long while to wake the unit up. Probably because both batteries were flat. Try putting your unit on charge for 2 or 3 days and see what happens. If that does not work then check out the charger which may be the culprit. Perhaps you can let me know how you go.

hp iPaq 3630,3970,4150, 5550 & 5965 Travel Companion

rebb
02-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks to all. I left battery out for about 3 hours, then charged it and it works fine.